Church of God (FG) in India seeks to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ to “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,…” (Matthew 28:19).
We seek to be a gateway of information and support between those whom God calls to minister around the world and those whom God calls to sponsor these ministries. We support and develop an international perspective, in fulfilling the mission of the Church of God, and ensure the sponsorship of ministries that meet the needs of persons of different cultural settings. Our work includes specialized training programs and materials, opportunities for leadership experience, and opening channels for new ideas.
Church of God (FG) in India exists to exalt Jesus Christ through evangelism, church planting, leadership development and other ministries of compassion for a flourishing international church.
Robert H. Glover defines Christian missions as “the proclamation of the Gospel to the unconverted everywhere according to the command of Christ.”
The Scriptural purpose of the involvement of the Church of God (FG) in India in missions is:
- To fulfill the Great Commission of Christ (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:17, John 20:21).
- To share Christ’s love for the world (Luke 10:2, Matt 9:36-38, Matt. 18:10-14).
- To minister to the totality of human need (Matt. 25:31-46, Luke 16:9, Luke 16:19-31, Luke 10:2).
- To bring men and women to the knowledge of God and to His redeeming grace (John 3:16, Rom. 10: 13-15).
- To obey Christ by confessing Him to the world (Matt. 10:32-33, Matt. 25:41-46).
Our purpose is to help unchurched or nominal Christians to become committed disciples of Christ. For this reason we send missionaries to preach the Gospel of Christ, to train national leaders, to proclaim the Gospel to their own people and to other nations, to help relieve people who are suffering, and to develop mature disciples for the Kingdom of God.